About Dr Sharon Kelly
Background and Qualifications
After completing medical training at the University of Queensland, Dr Kelly undertook specialist training in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery and attained Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 1995. Since that time she has operated a successful private practice as well as being a Visiting Medical Officer at the Royal Brisbane Hospital and being active in a number of associations and committees relating to her specialty and medicine in general.
Her current key positions include:
- Director of ENT services Royal Brisbane and Womens Hospital.
- Chairman of Council for the Australian Medical Association Queensland.
- Member of Q Comp medical assessment tribunal.
- Member of RBWH Laser Safety Committee
- Executive Member RBWH Medical Staff Association (representing the division of surgery)
Previous positions include:
- Chairman of Australian Society for Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Queensland Branch.
- President Queensland Medical Womens Society.
- Chairman of Board of Directors Neurosensory Unit
- Member of Greenslopes Private Hospital Medical Advisory Committee